After the full-course risky meal in E2, YELLOWJACKETS settles back into a bland second course.
I’m captivated by three things in this show:
- The Supernatural – Is this a LOST 2.0, or are the strange things happening due to characters dealing with mental instability? Either way, it’s intriguing and keeps me hooked.
- Breaking Bad – I ❤️ seeing good characters turn bad.
- The woods – They are characters in themselves, and the more time spent there, the better the show is for it.
I’m less intrigued by…
- The present-day – It continues to play out like a modern-day soap opera, and this week’s episode felt like a weak DEXTER episode.
- Walter – Elijah Wood is fantastic. This role, so far, not so much. And it’s a shame since he’s partnered with Misty, Christina Ricci, one of the lone highlights of the present-day story.
- The Pace – The creators should revisit WATCHMEN to learn how to pay off the “narrative debt” properly. This show has too many open plots and is answering them far too slowly.
It’s available on Showtime.