What could’ve been a fun opportunity to see Lebron James play the only basketball we’ll see him in this summer quickly becomes one of the worst films of 2021. This movie misses the mark more than the Lakers playoff run this post-season. Audiences should earn a gamer’s badge for surviving this monstrosity.
Here are the top five reasons the new SPACE JAM doesn’t provide a new legacy:
- It’s not fun! It’s for kids with LOONEY TUNES, and it’s somehow less fun than a Kawhi Leonard post-game interview.
- The script. Taking a company’s famous IP (intellectual property) and putting them into a two-hour Warner Media onboarding video does not pass for an actual movie.
- Don Cheadle turns in the worst performance of the year as an algorithm. Yes, that’s right. He’s a computer algorithm. 🤦🏼
- Notorious P.I.G. – a freaking rapping pig makes a cameo that’s cringe-inducing.
- It sets up future sequels for more SPACE JAM. Nooooooo. 😬
It’s available theatrically and on HBO Max. That’s all, folks…