RESERVATION DOGS second season continues to be a brutally honest, sad depiction of life on and off the reservation. The second season delves deep into how moving on after loss is about letting go of the pain, not the person. It’s a beautiful series that easily has two Emmy-worthy episodes.
With all that praise, I’m going to rank the episode from the season from best to good (I’d say worse, but just like in season one, there were no bad episodes in DOGS).
- E09 OFFERINGS 🤩 – “Time after time,” a TV episode comes along that allows audiences to have a healing cry. I’m thankful that DOGS provided that “offering.”
- E10 I STILL BELIEVE 🤩 – “When you are saying goodbye to a loved one, to move on, it’s not the loved one you’re letting go of, it’s the pain.” 😭
- E7 STAY GOLD CHEESY BOY 🤩 – This season two highlight plays like a lighthearted version of Destin Daniel Cretton’s (SHANG -CHI) little-seen film, SHORT TERM 12.
- E4 MABEL 🤩 – Dives deep into how death can give closure while also allowing the young to learn who their elders were back when they were younger.
- E3 ROOFING 🤩 – E3 raises the roof for Bear as he gets a second chance in life.
- E5 WIDE NET 😊 – It doesn’t matter what age you are – you should have the right to feel “sexy” instead of being stuck “Sitting Up In Your Room.”
- E1 THE CURSE 😊 – A catch-up episode that allows audiences to learn about where the Dogs are without flashbacks.
- E2 RUN 😊 – The road trip that goes wrong to re-connect the Dogs.
- E8 THIS IS WHERE THE PLOT THICKENS 😊 – “This “episode” was some real SCOOBY-DOO sh*t.”
- E6 DECOLONATIVATION 😊 – This B story captures two silly “spiritual” influencers that don’t add much value to the overall season arc.
Season two proves that RESERVATION DOGS is here to stay as one of the best shows of 2022. I’ll admit, that I continue to “Free Fall” in love as this show has proven that “catfish is life.”
The entire second season is available on Hulu FX.